January 10, 2011

You Deserve This. Really.

Many bloggers format their posts into specific categories for specific days of the week. Marriage Monday, Word Nerd Wednesday, I Need Friends Friday . . . you get the idea. I've done this as well, but a bit sporadically because every so often I run out of steam on a topic, but keep it on the back-burner just in case.
With my new determination to make my blogs everything they need to be, I have revisited the weekly organization idea of my posts and this is what I've come up with:

Monday Mess
This spot will tackle concerns or setbacks* I'm figuring out. Because I have those, and why not share, right? And it's Monday. 'Nuff said.
*I'm not a complainer and I rarely whine, so you will not find either of those lovelies here. Often.

Tuesday Edit Crunch/Tuesday Testimonial (depending on my mood)
Both of these have been around for a while. Edit Crunch explores editing tips, tricks, and rules I've picked up along the way, and Testimonial consists of me finding an awesome, mind-opening quote and applying it to my writing journey. You can already search both of these tags underneath the beating heart on the sidebar and find some helpful posts.

Thursday Authorial
This is my chance to share the love. I feature books, authors, contests, etc. It's a party. Again, you can search this tag to find past love-sharing. Tha-thump. Tha-thump.

Weekend Wanderings
For Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, whenever inspiration strikes. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes you need a space for the maybe. The miscellaneous page of my blog.

My promise:
I solemnly swear to keep my posts short and tidy, do my best to be fresh and interesting, and to shout out news about my novels (and yours) to the best of my ability. I'll respond to comments with sincerity and gratitude. Or wit, as it is called for.

Disclaimer: Self-promotion is necessary and makes me cringe.

Okay! With that out of the way, I've decided to have a contest! I am *4* followers away from *100* and I think it's about time we reach the century mark. The prize?
A $20 Amazon Gift card!

The rules are easy.
~Become a follower of this blog if you are not already one and leave a comment on this post or any following posts this week. Established followers may enter by leaving an amazingly astute comment. I'm a lenient judge.
~Extra entry: Share the love. Tweet, Facebook, or blog about this contest and let me know about it!
~Bonus: Be the *100th* follower and you'll get a special treat! It involves CHOCOLATE.

Contest ends Saturday at 10pm. All entries will be put into a very special receptacle of some sort and names will be drawn. Good luck! And thank you!

33 comments:

Unknown said...

So exciting to here about your writing successes! I look forward to following your blog! Hope you will pop in to see mine too! (patricepaints.com) Tons of best wishes to you!

tyrca said...

Darn! I'm the 98th follower! Those chocolate cinnamon bears look awesome! I've enjoyed your tweet wars (or are they just friendly conversations)and look forward to more craziness every day.

Krista said...

Pat, I visited your beautiful blog! It's so neat to see your artwork and how you've grown since I was just little!

tyrca, thanks for following! Thje chocolate cinnamon bears ARE awesome! It's fun to see you on Twitter--glad you enjoy the banter.

Howard Tayler said...

No prize required, Krista. I follow your tweets because you're clever and funny. OH MY GOODNESS YOU HAVE A BLOG TOO.

Annette Lyon said...

I've been following for, like, forever because I'm awesome like that. (Channeling my 13-yr-old . . .)

I'm not nearly as gracious as Howard. I want the gift card for my shiny new Kindle.

Annette Lyon said...

(RT:ed ya too.)

Stephanie Black said...

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! I think I'm the hundredth follower!! Could it be true??

I also tweeted about the giveaway. I want that gift card for the same reason Annette does--Kindle books!

Krista said...

Howard, you crack me up! Thank you!

Annette, thanks for following way back in the early days. Shiny Kindles need books!

Stephanie! YOU ARE MY 100TH FOLLOWER! Woohoo! That happened faster than I thought it would. The Chocolate-covered Cinnamon Bears are YOURS!

Shanda said...

Howdy, Krista! Been a follower of yers for quite some time, darlin'. Just so's ya know, I also Twittered 'n' Facebooked yer contest.

Bless yer heart, hope ya get followers comin' out yer ears.

Shanda :)

Don't ask. I don't know why. Lack of sleep probably. Maybe my almond milk was spiked...

Krista said...

Hee hee, much obliged. :)

Rachael Anderson said...

I'm with Howard. You're awesome, Krista! I Re-tweeted LDSBRW's comment!

Nicole Zoltack said...

Chocolate and cinnamon - awesome!

Stephanie Black said...

Oh I am SO happy! Chocolate-covered cinnamon bears! Yum!

MTeacress said...

HoHo! You reached 100! Good for you! And I'll never forget that you were one of my first followers on my blog and twitter. ((hugs)) Thanks for your friendliness!

Angela Ackerman said...

Congrats on your 100 followers mark, and for your sale. It's great to see writers succeed. :)

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Kate said...

Okay, so I can't believe I wasn't a follower! I check your blog weekly at the very least. Kind of funny I never signed up. It was probably on one of my why-in-the-world-do-you-have-to-click-follower-buttons-to-read-a-blog? phase that I discovered your blog.

Gook luck with your theme schedule. I keep wanting to do that, but with my life right now I'm too afraid to commit to something like that and then feel like I've let readers down when I inevitably miss. Soon though--I hope.

Lisa And Randy said...

I'm looking forward to following your blog. I have enjoyed it so far. Take a look at my blog if you would like. thereadingandhobbycorner.blogspot.com
Hopefully, I will win the gift card. Can always use it.

Krista said...

Wow, I go away for a little while and look what happens! This is fun! Thanks for the follows, everyone! Keep'em coming!

Mary Gray said...

Hey lady! Congrats on 100 Followers! I look forward to Monday's. :)

Krista said...

Ha! Mary, that made me laugh out loud.

Norma Rudolph said...

Hey frienzy friend. Save yourself the postage and give it to me. :)
I've already been a follower since I entered the modern age.

Shari said...

Oh to be the 100th follower. Alas, it was not meant to be. But I would be happy to receive the gift card! I apologize for not being astute. I just couldn't come up with anything. Thanks for the giveaway!

I haven't written today and my word verification is sitype. I think it's trying to tell me something.

Shari said...

Oh yeah. I tweeted and facebooked, too.

Karlene said...

I'm a follower now. Unfortunately, I'm 106. Bummer.

Posting to FB and Tweeting in just a minute.

I'm doing a contest on my blog now too, and giving away an Amazon GC—plus lots of other cool stuff. Come play. http://www.inksplasher.blogspot.com/ :)

Dina said...

Hi Kritsa, hope you get more followers.

follower and posted o fv: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=584925454

Dina said...

Hi Kritsa, hope you get more followers.

follower and posted o fv: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=584925454

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I am already a follower so I cannot be your #100. Unless I unfollow and refollow, which I don't want to do because, Baby! I've been here a while! I love it here!

Jamie Manning said...

I'm a follower already (of course!), and I must say how impressive your blog schedule is! I'm lucky to post once a week (or two)!

Thanks for the giveaway...I tweeted! (Well, okay, I RT'd one of YOUR tweets, but still!)

jmanni32@yahoo.com

Debra L Martin said...

I always love to find fellow author blogs and become a follower! Looking forward to your posts.

I also have a blog Two Ends of the Pen where I host author interviews, panel discussions and book reviews. Would welcome all followers.
http://twoendsofthepen@blogspot.com

Oh, and I'd love to win the amazon gift card. So many books to read, so little time.

Deb

Unknown said...

Already a follower. I believe I started to follow you after the writing conference at UVU. You were in the social networking class that I attended. I think I've already to you about this. Anyway, it's amazing how social networking brings us writers together. I think you are awesome. Keep the posts comin and tweets too. BTW, I love Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Mmmm.

Daron D. Fraley said...

I'm not sure if I have any astute in me today. But here is my comment. :)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Hey, you're at 110 already, how awesome is that?

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Krista, I've been so behind on blogs since Christmas. Sorry! But I'm so glad I didn't miss your fun contest.

I'm already a follower. :)

Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...