January 6, 2011

Thursday Authorial: Life Is Good

Thanks to Norma Rudolph, my invaluable writing group-mate and author of THE WATCHERS, coming this Spring through Leatherwood Press, for this cheerful award.


There are a few things I now must do to accept this award. They are:

1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.
2. Answer the 10 survey questions.
3. Pass the award along to another blogger who I think is fantastic.
4. Contact the blogger I’ve picked to let them know about the award.

Now for the questions:

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this; if you are not anonymous, do you wish that you had started out anonymously so that you could be anonymous now?
  • There are way too many anonymouses in that question. For my thoughts on anonymous COMMENTING, click here.
2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
  • I am continuing to chew this peppermint taffy even though I feel a little piece of wrapper in there, and I will continue to chew until said wrapper is isolated, at which time I will spit it out. That way I will still get all the candy.
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

  • My Aunt Julie's eyes, my Aunt Jackie's mouth, my Uncle Steve's nose, and my mom and dad's hopes. There are a lot of other people in there, too. Thanks, everyone. No pushing.
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
  • A rootbeer float. If possible a from-the-tap A&W Rootbeer Float.
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
  • Read, write, exercise. Get my hands on a rootbeer float. Call my sister.
6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
  • The shy one. Who desperately wanted to say things. 
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
  • The Halloween night at the haunted house when the boy I liked stepped in front of me and took my hand to protect me from the deranged mad scientist looking for blue eyes.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
  • I'm pretty much just me. Blah. Here I am. I like spreading the word about other authors and events, though. Sharing the love.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
  • Read a book. But there are a few people that I would gladly interrupt the reading for. If, you know, it wasn't an exciting part.

Thanks, Norma, that was fun! Now to pass the award along to:

Julie Wright. I just finished her book, My Not So Fairy Tale Life, and I love her voice. Check out her new book, Cross My Heart
Traci Hunter Abramson, Julie Wright, Melissa J. Cunningham
And she's really fun to sit across from at dinner. Thanks, Julie!

5 comments:

Melissa Cunningham said...

This was a fun little interview! And I really love the pic at the end! LOL I'd read over chatting on the phone too, although I supposed it depends on who I'd chat with! =)

Norma Rudolph said...

I loved reading that! You did such a great job with it.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on the award. And nothing beats an A&W root beer float.

Julie Wright said...

Your answer on proof of stubborness made me laugh out loud. I am all about getting all the candy! You are awesome!

Shari said...

I am so with you on the paper in the taffy thing. It was fun to learn more about you. I love Julie, too, and her books.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...