January 16, 2011

Folks, We Have A Winner!

My 100th follower was STEPHANIE BLACK! Stephanie is the author of Cold As Ice and three other mystery/suspense novels! A 2lb bag of Chocolate-Covered Cinnamon Bears will be sent her way as soon as she sends a shipping address to kristalynnej at yahoo dot com. Thanks for following, Stephanie!

Now, to draw the name for the $20 Amazon Gift Card! *drum roll please*

The winner is KATE PALMER from Running on Dirt Roads! Woohoo! *applause* Kate was my 5th or 6th follower EVER and still visits regularly! She has also recently had a book accepted by Covenant so go check her out. The gift card will be sent electronically, so I need a preferred email address sent to me at kristalynnej at yahoo dot com.

Thanks to everyone for participating! I had a bigger response than I thought I would, and surpassed the 100 mark I was aiming for. And I even lost a follower, so hey, that keeps me humble, right? Let's just say it was someone cleaning out their Google Reader for the new year. Let's say that. On the other hand, Ali Cross joined my Friends list, which I didn't even know I had and am still unsure of what it does, but thanks, Ali! It's nice to have friends.

I learned this about contests: they only need to be 2-3 days long. After Wednesday I was ready to call it and draw winners. Still learning.
I really can't wait until I can give away a few of my own books. Until then, I think my future contests will be centered around great books written by other people or Amazon gift cards.

Thanks, everyone! I had fun!

4 comments:

Shari said...

Congratulations to the winners! I'm looking forward to more contests.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Congratulations! Awesome authors like Stephanie totally deserve chocolate covered cinnamon bears.

Stephanie Black said...

Thank you! I love chocolate-covered cinnamon bears. We got some last summer at the BYU Bookstore.

And Kimberly, aww, thanks.

Kate said...

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! I love Amazon gift cards! (and reading your blog!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...