February 27, 2010

Desk Essentials

Maybe it's because of the earthquakes, maybe it's because I'm waiting to hear about a ms, I don't know, but this post is a little on the lighter side of things. As I sit at my desk in my laundry room (you heard me), listening to the dryer and editing a work the 4th time through, occasionally I lean back in my spinny desk chair with no lumbar support (and YES I am totally grateful for my own space to write) and reach for...
What? What do I reach for?

A tall cold one (or luke warm if I'm on a roll).

These hot little numbers.

If I don't have these handy...

Then these will do.

Loved this since I was a kid. I know, you love it or hate it. I love it.









And this. I have to order it, though. I can't find it in Cody. I love the lion. It's the Leo in me.



What are the essentials at YOUR writing desk?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pens. Lots and lots of pens. =]

Krista said...

Mmmm. Yummy pens! Ha ha, yes, I have some of those, too. Thanks, L.T.

Cluttered Brain said...

Another fellow black licorice lover! YAHOO!
I have something for you over at
My blog!
Please check it out! You awesome writer you!

Cluttered Brain said...

Chocolate on my writing desk. And a camera. And pens. :)

Tracie Nall said...

I'm officially craving some snack food now!! For me it is all about the chocolate! and cookies.....lots of cookies!

DL Hammons said...

Black licorice give me the heebie-jeebies. *Shudder*

Coffee is my only essential. *Sip* :) See.

Mary Gray said...

Quiet!! Or MUSIC.

Kate said...

Congratulations on your short story, Krista! It was my personal favorite so I'm glad it won and that you were the author.

Krista said...

Wow, thanks, Kate! I'm glad you liked it! Pretty exciting!!

Mary Gray said...

Congrats on winning the contest!! Now I need to read your story!

Abel Keogh said...

Gum. Must have gum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...