March 1, 2010

Wow.

Umm, I won a little contest. Or rather, I won a place in a short story contest. You know that YA Book of Mormon Short Story contest I announced a while ago?
The Reader's Choice Unpublished Author category winner was "The Bright Sword Covenant". Which I wrote.
Feels kinda good.

Congratulations to the other winners: David J. West, Brenda Anderson, and Susan Auten. You can read their stories, and mine, here.

Thanks to everyone who voted! Hopefully, the stories will go into an anthology, but right now, it just feels great to soak in the compliment.

Honey? Can we got out to eat? Maybe Trapper Creek Lodge???

UPDATE: It's only been a few minutes, but while I was away I won Sarah M. Eden's "Courting Miss Lancaster"!  Thank you, Sarah!

8 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Congratulations! Woohoo!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Congratulations Krista!!! That is a fantastic honor, and should keep you going during the down times (if you ever have them lol). And yes, you definitely need to go out to eat!!

DL Hammons said...

That's great!! Congratulations. Recognition is a truly wonderful thing.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Krista! I'm so very happy for you! I saw that over on LDSP. Way to go! Woot!

ali cross said...

Yay! Congratulations! ♥

Krista said...

Thanks, everyone!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Dang you had a good day! Congratulations!

Gramma Spice said...

Love your blog, sweetie. The writing tips you share are excellent...artist, author, teacher, and amazing daughter...love you forever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...