February 11, 2010

Riding Currents

"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." 
~Vladimir Nabakov

As I read excerpts from upcoming novels here and there, as I anticipate the release of new friends' books for 2010, and smile as announcements are made for sequels I am reading, or hear the Whitney nominations, and for the first time ever, the titles are familiar or even well known, as I read how author's are grappling with their plots and letting their characters lead, cursing or finding their muse, I can't help but shiver at the current of imagination, intelligence, and creation in the air. It almost shimmers.
If I stood in a field, and raised my hands and face to the sky, reaching with my spirit, could I collect the current?

Or would I just get honked at?




Can you feel it?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does feel like something's in the air, lately. That's the beauty of creativity. It crackles.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Yes I certainly can. It's crazy. I know just what you mean.

Mary Gray said...

I think you'd get honked at cuz you ARE pretty smokin'. ;)

Bonnie said...

Oh Krista I feel the energy! For the first time in a very long time I want to raise my arms to the sun and twirl until I get lost in the muse . . . And who cares if we get honked at---we won't even hear the horns!

Unknown said...

I'm sure we'd all get honked at, but the feeling is thrilling! So beautiful! What a lovely blog post.

Wendy Paine Miller said...

This kind of energy drives me.

I think you should fling your hands to the sky, just back off the road a little so no one thinks you are waving them down. ;D

Happy Friday,
Wendy

nephite blood spartan heart said...

All of the above-honked, smokin, energy, beautiful muse and happy friday.

Krista said...

Haha! I love it all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...