January 30, 2010

#Fourty-four

This morning I had the urge to read my first post on this blog. That was Forty-three posts ago, and I know that number isn't as eye-popping as, say, One Hundred, or as earth shattering as Five Hundred, but reading that first post, called Visualize It... it makes me feel like I am fourteen and getting ready for my first dance.
Keep in mind I am a girl, who loves to dance, and I would force my shy, terrified persona out of its shell to get out there and shake my groove thing. Before the dance, my stomach would be all fluttery, as cliche as butterflies, my face would flush, and my hands would get just a little damp. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I hoped it would be amazing. Sometimes it was, sometimes it wasn't, but the hope was always there.

Terrifying and Hopeful.

Like this writing thing.

How do you feel?

3 comments:

DL Hammons said...

Krista,

I'm a relative newcomer to your blog and it was neat flashing back to the beginning. The optimism, feisty determination, and meticulous manner in which you went about aligning your actions with your goals was refreshing.

I'm personally languishing a bit. Muddled, struggling with revisions and query letters that are confusing. But it is only a pause. Forward motion will return soon enough...and then I'll be able to dance. :)

Krista said...

DL, I'm finding the "selling yourself" part of all this the main subject of many, many blog posts. It's huge, isn't it? Don't get too bogged down. When the forward motion makes its round, grab on and remember why we do this.
"I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork." ~Peter De Vries

nephite blood spartan heart said...

I tagged you Krista.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...