September 28, 2010

Power Up

A lot of draining stuff has been happening, both in my writing life and my home life (which actually take place in the same space... my laundry room), and it's time to power up.
Long ago in a family room far, far away, we had a Play Station 1. Do you remember those? PS1. We had Crash Team Racing. I ADORED that game. I MISS that game, those controllers. I tried the Xbox version.

NOT THE SAME.

You raced and raced and jumped on the turns and if you hit the one button at the right time you got a burst of speed. I was a menace. And to power up, you slammed, rocketed, or vaulted into boxes or dangling bunches of wumpa fruit. Man, I loved the wumpa fruit. I knew where it was and when I would need it. Wumpa fruit prolonged the race, boosted your momentum, strengthened your weapons.

This week I am attending The Book Academy at Utah Valley University.

Wumpa Fruit, baby.

Hope to see some of you there!

(How do you power up?)

9 comments:

Marion Jensen said...

I'll be there wandering the halls looking for pastries. Or maybe Wumpa fruit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3-fQ9UVodc

Elana Johnson said...

Dang! I'm not going to Book Academy this year. So sad -- I'd love to meet you!

Annette Lyon said...

I'm in dire need of Wumpa fruit myself. I never did have that game, but I adored Diddy Kong Racing on Nintendo 64 (yes, I'm old too). I rocked on that thing.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Krista said...

Marion! That was awesome! Powerslides!

Elana, I wish you were going! Someday, we will meet.

Annette, do you have my 4 copies of CNF reserved? Can't wait!

T.J. said...

Mmmm....Wumpa fruit. Well, I'll just have chocolate if I can't find any of that. (Wumpa fruit tasted like chocolate right? Or was it bacon?)

Heather D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theresa Milstein said...

Have a good time!

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

I am a Super Mario Cart kind of girl, but I do understand the need for speed.

Hope you enjoy that wumpa fruit, and I gave you an award on my blog. You can pick which one you want. :)

Amy

Jackee said...

So very jealous! I lived in the area five years ago but back then I had no idea I'd have so many writer friends there now. :o) Those were the days I was a biologist (even taught at UVU).

Have fun, though!

Cheers,
Jackee

P.S. I power up by reading blogs. Too bad I have a hard time moving on to the writing once I start surfing! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...