April 27, 2010

Tuesday Testimonial: Write It Down


Aye. I had a great idea for Tuesday Testimonial. It was cut and dry, no-frills, good stuff to share. That's all I can remember. I thought of it on our trip while we were out walking around. Surely I would remember. There was no reason I wouldn't, never mind the fact that we were doing the Smithsonian shuffle and my sensory systems were on overload. Never mind that my feet hurt because I was wearing new shoes (dumb) and mentioned shin splints twice. Never mind that the Civil War wing made me want to cover my ears (?) and run out of the halls to find something on Rock history because the accounts were overwhelming my emotions. Unfortunately, I ran to the WWI wing.
So, yeah, I forgot my idea.
But then I remembered it again in a flash of clarity! We were in the noisy, bouncy little airplane between SLC and YRA (that's Yellowstone Regional Airport here in Cody, folks, way back in E Gate... we get to walk on our plane from the ground. To quote the attendant, "Out the door, first plane on the left, thank you, have a nice flight.") But I remembered my idea and sighed with relief and CONTINUED READING Brandon Sanderson's Elantris. So, no, I don't remember it at all. I remember Elantris, though. That was way more awesome than any post I could have written.

It'll come to me just before I drift off to sleep tonight. I'll make sure I have a pen and notebook waiting.

Do you have a favorite little notebook for keeping your ideas where they ought to be?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually keep a notebook with me at all times but I discovered that I forgot it today! Just when I needed it! =P

Krista said...

LT, I DID have a little notebook with me, BOTH TIMES. That's how lame I am. Lesson learned!

MTeacress said...

Heck yes, I keep a notebook. It is an extension of my actual brain. :)

Lori said...

I keep three. A gratitude notebook-accounts of little miracles and big blessings in my life--which I often draw from later for essays and articles. A notebook for story ideas, and for notes on characters I'd one day like to create. And a notebook where I record the things I want to write about and why.

Bonnie said...

Wait till you're all my age, then you have to try and remember WHY you wrote yourself that note in the first place! Lesson learned---outlines don't do the job like they used to. I need a bigger notebook!

Elana Johnson said...

I used to. Then I lost it and my MIL gave me another one and I stuffed it in the bag I had at the time...and can't find it! So for now, I'm notebookless. And it's sad. I'm writing on scraps of receipts, my daughter's old daycare papers, anything I can find at the time.

Le sigh.

Krista said...

Elana, Oh, yes, I've done the receipts writing!
Lori, that is very impressive. I did a gratitude journal at one time. I loved it... not sure what happened.
Bonnie and MT, extensions of our brains: notebooks, calendars, cell phones (for the quick call to someone who knows what's going on), and our kids. They each took some of mine when they left the womb. I'm pretty sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...