September 2, 2009

Seeing Where I Went.... Uh-Oh.

"Practice, practice, practice writing. Writing is a craft that requires both talent and acquired skills. You learn by doing, by making mistakes and then seeing where you went wrong." -Jeffrey Carver

I had read it through. I had cut and trimmed and re-worked and tightened. I listened carefully to ideas and suggestions. When I thought it was ready, I sent it in. Two days later... I began reading through it again.
Word left out. Sentence unfinished. Could have said that better. Ummm, punctuation? It gradually got better, fluid, tight. But, they read the first part... first. I hope they muddle through, see that it gets better, cleaner.
Next time.... I am reading it again after I think it is perfect.
Then maybe waiting to hear from them won't be quite as excruciating.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...